Google
Custom Search

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Once again, this time with feeling: Why this blog does not host Comments

Just when I was settling in to get something done this afternoon, I get this post:
Greetings,

This is to formally request that you stop being an intellectual coward and open up your blog for comments. There is a certain irony that you censor all dissenting opinion, yet write at length about how 'Darwin fanatics' won't allow for another side of the story to be told. Way to set an example.

Best,

Logically Speaking
First, anyone who calls themselves "Logically Speaking" and doesn't say where they are from is, in my view, an ass. This person is also Jason at gmail, whatever help that is.

For the record, my (real) name is Denyse O'Leary, I am a professional writer, and you can look me up in the Toronto phone book. But don't, please, if you are selling something. I am on the Do Not Call list.

Anyway, I replied as follows:
Jason, I closed the comments on my blog because of problems with bloggers in Canada getting sued or charged, as well as for time management reasons.

Re problems with bloggers getting sued or charged, read civil rights lawyer Ezra Levant’s just-released Shakedown.

In this country, it is an act of courage to blog at all.

Re time management, there is no way I will let Darwinist trolls burn up half a day. I must make a living in a difficult time, and therefore must choose my priorities carefully.

Thank you for writing. I hope you enjoy the blog.

But even if you don’t, there are many others, only a click away. That’s what I love about the Internet.

And you may quote me if you wish.

Cheers, Denyse
I have ordered Shakedown, and expect to stay up all night reading it. But for now, back to work.

Who links to me?