Google
Custom Search

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Intelligent design and popular culture: Why respect people?

Irrepressible columnist, prof, and scourge of worthless admins Mike Adams warned his students recently:
If you have not yet heard (or read) about me, I am an outspoken Christian professor who has, at times, been critical of certain aspects of evolution. I mention this because it affects the way I see you and the way I will treat you this semester.

Rather than seeing you as the mere product of random mutation, I see you as a unique individual who is of infinite worth to his Creator. Each one of you has unique and special talents and along with that a distinct purpose in life that makes you not just unique but irreplaceable.
I wonder how many of Adams’s students would prefer to be a mere evolved amoeba, as long as they knew that they would not be held accountable for their own behaviour?

Apparently, Adams, for example, refuses to allow people to squawk into cell phones during class time. Such oppression, honestly. [Hip hip hurray!]

Find out why there is an intelligent design controversy:

Labels:

Who links to me?