Google
Custom Search

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Announcement: Podcasts from blogging conference, including O'Leary's session

Some of the podcasts from GodBlogCon, including my own talk on blogging the intelligent design controversy (which the organizers kindly describe as "engaging"), are now available. This pod series will be a useful resource for people who are considering their own blog, especially when the more technical discussions become available.

Sitting there on the campus on the Friday afternoon with Hugh Hewitt radio broadcasting (largely about the Harriet Miers nomination to the US Supreme Court), surrounded by bloggers liveblogging from their linked laptops, I got the sense that I was witnessing a historical transition.

I well recall the media of the early 1970s. In those days, media controlled news in a way that is simply no longer possible. I knew lots of stories I would never get a chance to tell because they did not fit the spin. Most journalists did. Today, major media can be spinning a story one way, and a liveblogger can be spinning it another. In my view, a person who wants to understand what postmodernism really is should study the blogging phenomenon. I plan to acquire a linked laptop, after my current book is done, and will try liveblogging an ID vs. Darwinism event at some point.
If you like this blog, check out my award-winning book on the intelligent design controversy, By Design or by Chance?. You can read excerpts as well.

Who links to me?